Last year on 18th September 2015, my sister in Law gave birth to quintuplets(5 kids at once including 3 boys and 2 girls) in C.M.H. Sialkot-Pakistan and this news was catched by almost each news channel. The family tried to keep this news as secret but the media somehow came to know about it and almost forcefully reported this as special news story of the day. News reporters were so desperate to win the breaking news race that some news channels reported false facts and figures. For example, a news channel reported 3 girls and 2 boys but in fact they were 3 boys and 2 Girls. They named childern’s father as Atif whereas his name was Asif. They reported that father of these babies was residing in Qatar but in reality he was living in Greece.One channel even promised that they will give special gift for these children but that promise was never honored.
The whole family was so happy but as the news spread around via TV, situation was somewhat difficult to handle. Few “Bay Awlaad” random people approached this family and requested to give away 1 baby to them. An awkward scenario was created and was difficult to avoid.
Practically speaking, having 5 kids at once can shake budget of any typical family. And the same happened with this family as well; anyhow few family individuals came up to the cause and provided their best support realizing their responsibility towards this unusual situation. Soon-after one baby boy out of 5 passed away; now 2 kids are with their mother while 2 are being raised at maternal grandmother’s home.Worthy to mention, the baby boys have lately gone through eyes treatment due to ailment. While observing the whole episode; it was so painful to see the role of media and society as a whole who took it as a juicy news story but no one thinking as to what would happen thereafter? Nobody came forward to support this blessed family.
I have a very firm belief that special children and other special cases like the one discussed above arise due to definite reasons; as exam for normal blessed human beings like most of us. Nature tests us to how we respond to the call of duty. How well we accommodate special cases within our society. We should play best possible role within our domains so that nobody feels lonely or dejected in this world.
Surprisingly,there have been quite a few cases of multiple child births lately in Pakistan. Government, news channels and related child products companies(making diapers,clothing,toys and Milk etc) should take initiative to provide support for at-least 2-3 years as a good will gesture. Providing few hundred thousands to people in need is like peanuts in comparison to huge amounts spent on advertisements. Later, they can add this work under their publicity campaigns which would certainly encourage others to get their act together for serving society at large. Such social issue does have an opportunity of community service and well being.
Particularly speaking regarding the news channels, I strongly feel that some boundaries need to be established as regards to respecting privacy of people. Big question is that “Is just reporting a story enough or do we need to go an extra mile to issues related with a particular story?”. Media may appeal and direct suggested measures/steps to related authorities and individuals.A grand review/followup TV program could be arranged at the end of month to review status of news reported in passed month. As an practicing Engineer, whenever we highlight any issues on our project, we always come up with probable solution or options of resolution. This must be trait in all other trades as well. Why can not our media adopt similar practice?
Apart from our professional routine life roles, we have a greater part to play towards the community; and you would definitely feel on a much higher ground after considering above suggestions affirmatively.
Please note thus article has been published on 11th June,2016 at following links:
Leaked issues of our Nation…
Panama leaks are the most IN THING these days where everyone seems to run behind our Prime minister and his family after charges of money laundering and notorious investment in offshore companies. There were instances in past when people used to blame PM and family for financial corruption BUT since now it’s from an international forum; opponent parties see an opportunity to cash and exploit these reports. Apparently, it seems legal action against PM and/or his resignation will resolve everything. Our country’s looted wealth will be restored and we will start moving on path of prosperity…
Let’s make a small effort and see can things be resolved by removing PM or grabbing these big fishes only? Does anyone or anything else carry responsibility of Pakistan’s failure as a nation?
By virtue of this article, I want to leak our own moral and national fault lines; let’s see if we can reach to something better at the end. Pakistan leaks are as follows:
- Ideological Failure: It’s said there are only 2 nations based on Ideology; first is Pakistan and second is Israel. But Pakistanis have either forgotten this or they are too indolent to learn about Pakistan’s Ideological foundations. Their forefathers carried quiet clear vision with right actions but current breed seems to have forgotten enormous scarifies during Pakistan movement and purpose for which Pakistan was made.
- Divided amid ethnic, linguistic and sects: People do not follow order of unity given by Allah (S.W.T) and taught by their past real leaders/heroes. They often fight amongst each other based on these differences and display favoritism for their own sections. Pakistan society is limping on endless levels of separation and they let politicians and thugs exploit these divisions.
- Cultural Crisis: Pakistanis are largely impressed with Indian and Western culture that includes speaking, dressing and behaving like others. They are not keen to learn and apply very own cultural norms like Arabic, Urdu and societal behaviors; they fail to understand power of originality.
- Lack of team effort: Pakistanis are known to carry enormous talent but this is largely true at Individual brilliance level; combined national effort is scarcely visible.
- Disrespecting rule of Law: This nation often violates law in their own country and the same people when go abroad then happily follows overseas laws.
- Traffic Laws: Pakistan nation is one of worst users of road and traffic principles. Scattered traffic, disrespect of general driving/transport principles and fight upon a given accident are usual scenes on roads.
- Business values: Many individuals do not care much about moral values and established business principles. This is so evident in recent exposure from Ms. Aisha Mumtaz and various TV channels showing unhygienic conditions in restaurants and food factories. Economic terrorism is at its peak during holy month of Ramadan when businessmen become looters as regards to high demand items. “Many people want to make money by any means rather than by fair means”.
- Hypocrisy, differences b/w theory and practical: Pakistan is surely a Hypocrite society. They do not do what they really believe in. They teach something to their children and then practically do something else; resulting in confused new generation. When somebody raises question to wrongdoing they say “Yeh kaam tu aise hee hota hai RATHER THAN theak kaam aise hota hai”.
- AASHIQ-E-RASOOL (S.A.W.): Pakistanis claim to be biggest and truest Aashiq-e-Rasool (S.A.W). They are prepared to die in prophet (S.A.W.) name at any time BUT sadly speaking they do not consider living like beloved Muhammad (S.A.W). They fail to display great values of truth, honesty, humbleness, forgiveness, piety, loyalty, faith, discipline etc like our great prophet (S.A.W).
- Leadership Crisis: Pakistanis continue to wait for a True leader for ages; a supernatural person who will come with a Magic stick (or Danda) and resolve everything in minutes. They lack faith in theirs selves and are not ready to start by leading their own life setting righteous trends.
Above are few of many charges that Pakistanis carry on their shoulders. The key question now is does any corrupt politician, sneaky policeman or ruthless Gangster stops us to corrects such ailments?
After reading Pakistan Leaks, now what do you think dear brothers and sisters; apart from financial corruption are we also not responsible for country’s failure? Shall we make a Judical Commission to sort out our national weaknesses? Parliamentary or Non Parliamentary Committee? Retired or Present Judges will fix above? Does anybody need to give Dharna or long march against us? Shall we do suicides or resign from our current positions? What really shall we to get freed from charges of Pakistan leaks?
This article was published on 17 April,2016 at following in April, 2016
Article No 49